1. K-State home
  2. »College of Health and Human Sciences
  3. »Academics
  4. »Departments & Academic Units
  5. »Family & Consumer Sciences Education
  6. »Courses

FCSEd Courses for Licensure

Students who are not licensed in family and consumer sciences may take baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate courses leading to FCSEd licensure. In addition to on-campus courses, Kansas State University offers online courses that may fulfill licensure requirements. To determine approximately how many courses/credits you have remaining to receive licensure, complete the licensure checklist (doc) and send the checklist and your transcripts to Dr. Sally Yahnke for review. After her review, an official letter will be sent indicating the remaining courses.

Kansas State University participates in the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (Great Plains IDEA), which provides a clearinghouse of courses that may contribute to coursework for FCSEd teacher licensure. K-State students can take courses from other institutions that can be applied to their licensure and/or degree as transfer credit.

Note: Teacher licensure/certification requirements vary by state, so the first step toward licensure/certification is to contact an FCSEd teacher training institution in the state where you want to teach.

Courses that may fulfill licensure requirements in your state are listed in the Great Plains IDEA course catalog.

You may also work on a bachelor's degree with licensure or a master's degree in curriculum and instruction with licensure.

For a transcript review or more information, contact Dr. Sally Yahnke.