Take a Look at Teaching
FCS Teachers Teach:
- Critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Process skills needed for family, work and community life
In the areas of:
- Balancing Work and Family
- Personal and Family Wellness
- Parenting and Child Development
- Personal and Family Development
- Life-Span Human Growth and Development
- Interpersonal Skills
- Consumer and Resource Management
- Life and Career Planning
Who Do They Teach?
- Middle school students
- High school students
- Post-secondary Students
- Student parents
Where Do They Teach?
- High schools
- Junior high and middle schools
- Community colleges
- Area technical colleges
- Schools on military bases around the world
- Correctional institutions
- Community agencies
- Business and industry sites
Why Do They Teach?
- They are people oriented
- They want to make a difference
- They value family life
- They believe strong families are vital for strong nations
- They have business and industry experience
What is Important to You?
- Making a difference?
- Working with people?
- Immediate career opportunities?
- A satisfying career?
- Responsibility and leadership?
- Family life?
- Good benefits?
- Professional development opportunities?
- Good retirement?
- Opportunities to work with a variety of audiences: youth, teen parents and adults
- Good employment opportunities in Kansas and nationally
- Good starting salaries
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
- Flexibility and variety within the job
- Positions in schools, business and industry
- A career that is compatible with family life
- Good benefits and retirement plan