1. K-State home
  2. »College of Health and Human Sciences
  3. »Academics
  4. »Departments & Academic Units
  5. »Family & Consumer Sciences Education
  6. »Undergraduate Program
  7. »Admissions Information

Admissions Information

The Family and Consumer Sciences Education undergraduate program is a teaching licensure program approved by the Kansas State Board of Education. Students seeking the FCSED bachelor's degree must first be admitted to Kansas State University.

Admission to Kansas State University

K-State accepts admissions applications year-round. Admission is based on a student's demonstrated academic preparation for university-level work. All first-time students and transfer applicants must submit an admission application, an official high-school transcript and official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended, GED scores (if applicable), standardized test scores from the testing agency (first-year students) and a nonrefundable application fee. For more admissions information, or to apply, see the K-State Office of Admissions website.

Admission to Teacher Education in the College of Education

Although FCSEd students are enrolled in the bachelor of science degree program in the College of Health and Human Sciences for the duration of their undergraduate program, completion of the program is dependent upon their admission to teacher education in the College of Education. Please visit the College of Education website for admission requirements to pre-professional teacher education and information concerning admission testing

Teacher Education Application Deadline

  • Pre-enroll for summer or fall professional classes: February 15
  • Pre-enroll for spring professional classes: October 1

Note: Applications are accepted at any time, but the deadlines above must be met for pre-enrollment purposes.