Interim Director of the Center on Aging
253 Justin Hall
- Ph.D. in Family Sciences, University of Kentucky (2015)
- Graduate Certificate in Gerontology, University of Kentucky (2012)
- B.S. in Youth, Adult and Family Services, Purdue University (2010)
Credentials and/or Certifications
- Certified Family Life (CFLE)
Areas of Specialization
- >Health and well-being across the lifespan that promotes optimal aging
- Social determinants of health and policy, systems, and environmental change
- Program development, implementation, and evaluation
- Sexual health and well-being among older adults
- Generalized adult development and aging topics for Extension outreach (e.g., brain health, advance health care planning)
Research, Scholarship, and Creative Endeavors
As an Extension specialist, much of Erin's research, scholarship, and creative endeavors focuses on the development, implementation, and evaluation of Extension initiatives related to healthy aging. Additionally, she is passionate about sexual wellness among older adults, particularly those residing in long-term care facilities and/or with dementia.
Dr. Yelland is an Associate Professor, Extension Specialist, and Interim Director of the Center on Aging at Kansas State University. Yelland has a bachelor's degree in Youth, Adult and Family Services from Purdue University and a doctorate in Family Science with a graduate certificate in Gerontology from the University of Kentucky. Her primary foci for her outreach and Extension work are promoting health and well-being across the lifespan to encourage optimal aging and exploring methods of implementing policy, systems, and environmental changes that positively influence the social determinants of health. Yelland also has research expertise in program evaluation, needs assessments, and sexual well-being among older adults. During her time at K-State, Yelland has been designated a University Civic Engagement Fellow, a national Extension Foundation fellow in health and wellness (social determinants of health), and currently serves as an associate editor of the Journal of Extension.
Dr. Yelland is proud to be a part of a forward-moving institution and enjoys living in the beautiful state of Kansas. When not on campus, Erin enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, cooking, and supporting her favorite sports teams.