Minimum of 30 credit hours with at least 24 course credit hours with at least 18 hours at 700 level including FDSCI 850 Graduate Seminar and 6 credit hours of FDSCI 899.
Minimum of 30 credit hours with at least 28 course credit hours with at least 18 hours at 700 level including FDSCI 850 Graduate Seminar and 2 credit hours of FDSCI 898.
Non-Thesis (course-work only) Option
Minimum of 34 credit hours with 20 core credits and at least 18 hours at 700 level. The core courses as outlined below are to ensure that the student possesses the critical graduate level food science knowledge and communication skills required.
Core Courses (20 credit hours)
- ENGL 604 - Expository Writing Workshop, 3 Credits
- FDSCI 600 - Microbiology of Food, 2 Credits
- FDSCI 690 - Principles of HACCP, 2 Credits
- FDSCI 695 - Quality Assurance of Food Products, 3 Credits
- FDSCI 725 - Food Analysis, 3 Credits
- FDSCI 815 - Advanced Food Chemistry, 3 Credits
- FDSCI 850 - Food Science Graduate Seminar, 1 Credits
- STAT 703 - Statistical Methods for Natural Scientists, 3 Credits
Elective Courses (14 credit hours)
Note: It is possible that a student may already have taken one or more of these courses or their equivalent on another degree. Therefore, the graduate advisory committee will determine course substitution as needed.