M.S. Nutrition, Dietetics and Sensory Sciences
Students may earn a Master of Science in Nutrition, Dietetics and Sensory Sciences degree through either thesis, report or coursework options.
The degree can be customized to meet student's background, interests, and career goals. This degree program is available on-campus in Manhattan, and online through Global Campus.
This degree program does not meet the didactic program in dietetics (DPD) requirements established by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) to earn the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) credential, however graduate students may concurrently complete the DPD requirements alongside their master’s degree courses.
MS students interested in working towards the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) credential are eligible to apply to the non-degree DPD Completion Option. It should be noted that these programs are separate. Acceptance into the DPD Completion Option is competitive and should not be assumed based on acceptance to the Masters program.
Concurrent completion of the two programs is best done following these steps:
- Apply to MS in Nutrition, Dietetics and Sensory Sciences (NDSS) program.
- Upon acceptance to the MS program, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request application instructions to the non-degree DPD Completion Option program.
- If not already completed, take Biology, Human Anatomy & Physiology I and II, Chemistry I and II, and Organic Chemistry along with other undergraduate FNDH courses for the DPD Completion Option while concurrently taking graduate level courses for MS. A grade of at least B is required in each DPD science and professional course.
- Apply to DPD the semester immediately following completion of the science classes listed above, as well as FNDH 130, FNDH 132, FNDH 340, and FNDH 400.
- When all undergraduate and graduate level requirements have been met, the MS will be granted and DPD Verification Statement will be issued.
NOTE: DPD Verification Statement will not be issued until the MS is granted.
Undergraduate DPD curriculum details and options: