227 Campus Creek Complex
- Ph.D. of Philosophy, University of Illinois, Speech Science (1979)
- M.A. in Speech Science, University of Illinois (1974)
- B.A. in Far East and Slavic Studies, University of Washington (1969)
Credentials and/or Certifications
- Certificate of clinical Competence in Speech Pathology (CCC)
- Licensed Speech-Language pathologist, State of Kansas
- Lee Silverman Voice Therapy (LSVT) LOUD certification
- Voice Therapy Spectrum Certification
- Lessac-Madsen Resonant Voice Therapy for Adults certificate
- Lessac-Madsen Resonant Voice Therapy-KID (5-10) certificate
Area(s) of Specialization
- Voice disorders
- Paradoxical vocal fold motion/vocal cord dysfunction
- Transgender voice and communication
- Cleft palate speech
Research, Scholarship, and Creative Endeavors
- Interpretation accuracy and certainty in responses to conversational rule violations in a movie theater setting
- The effect of AAC users' conversational rule violations on typical conversational partners in transactional interactions
- Practice of voice skills during massive multiplayer on-line video game participation
- Resonant voice therapy in the treatment of stuttering
- CSD 360 Anatomy of the Speech Mechanism. 4 credit hours.
- CSD 750 Voice Disorders. 3 credit hours.
- CSD 748 Cleft Palate. 1 credit hour.
- CSD 780 Instrumental Measurement for Clinical Application. 2 credit hours.
- CSD 705 Practicum in Speech-Language Pathology. Supervision of graduate clinicians.