Concurrent M.S./B.S. in Kinesiology
The application process will be the same as for the traditional M.S. degree except that completion of the B.S. degree is not required. Application is made through the CollegeNet system at the Graduate School. The following steps are required:
- KSU graduate application form completed online before semester of enrollment. Application fee of $65 (personal check, money order, or cashier's check payable to Kansas State University Graduate School) submitted. However, do not submit application fee until all parts of the application have been uploaded (except letters of recommendation. Once application fee has been paid, you will not be able to upload or update any part of your application. Make sure you specify 'Concurrent B.S./M.S.' as the program you are applying to.
- Statement of Academic Objectives and preferred primary adviser(s) must be uploaded (see below for instructions).
- Names and contact information for three individuals to provide a letter of recommendation. These should be current or former PhD level professors who can comment on your ability to handle the rigors of graduate school.
- Current Official KSU transcript of all undergraduate work. This can be scanned and uploaded directly by the applicant.
The graduate program processes the application of the student and forwards it to the Graduate School, as currently occurs for students applying to the normal program. Upon approval by the Graduate Faculty in Kinesiology, provisional admission will be granted, pending the award of the B.S. degree. The B.S. degree may be awarded at any time following the completion of the undergraduate degree requirements (but see additional information below). Alternatively, the B.S. and M.S. degrees may be awarded concurrently.
Statement of Academic Objectives:
Prepare a typed narrative statement of two to three pages in length written in the style of a letter. Include the following:
- Discuss why you are interested in pursuing a master’s degree or Ph. D. in kinesiology, the strengths you have at the time of application for admission, and those areas in which you would like to increase your expertise, competencies, and personal development.
- Outline your professional goals, both immediate and long-term.
- Comment on an area of emphasis in either exercise physiology or physical activity public health behavior and a major professor.
- Describe the one academic experience that has meant the most to you in your educational career.
*Actual degree requirements will be summarized on an approved plan of study.