Faculty in the News
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
HOP'N Home project earns $125,000 grant
Bronwyn Fees, family studies and human services; Sara Rosenkranz, human nutrition; and Tanis Hastmann, human nutrition, are among those who received a grant of $125,716 from the United Methodist Health Foundation.
They will conduct a study entitled, "Promoting Media Literacy in Parents and Young Children to Provide healthy Opportunities for Physical Activity at Home: The HOP'N Home Environment Project." The group also includes David Dzewaltowski, kinesiology; Barb Roths, Extension; and Melissa Bopp, kinesiology.
College elects faculty senators
Faculty has elected Peggy Honey, ATID; Carol Kellett, dean's office; and Kevin Roberts, HMD, to serve 3-year terms as faculty senators. They will join Mark Haub and Jane Garcia in representing the college on faculty senate. Melody LeHew, ATID, begins her term as faculty senate president in May.
Meredith publishes on Ph.D. programs
Bill Meredith, head of FSHS, has been published in the Journal of Marital and Family Therapy: DuPree, W.J.; White, M.B.; Meredith, W.H.; Ruddick, L.; & Anderson, M.P. (2009). Evaluating Scholarship Productivity in COAMFIE-Accredited Ph.D. Programs, Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 35 (2), 204-219.
ADA presenters announced
Accepted for presentations at the fall Food and Nutrition Conference and Exhibition of the American Dietetic Association in Denver are:
- Roberts, K. R. & Barrett, E. Exploring restaurant managers' beliefs about food safety training . Research and Practice Innovation (RPI).
- Barrett, E. and Riggins, L. Beliefs and Perceptions of School Foodservice Personnel about HACCP Implementation.
Accepted for poster presentations are:
- Roberts, K. R., Kwon, J., & Shanklin, C. W. Food safety practices in ethnic restaurants in Kansas;
- Roberts, K. R., Remig, V., Bryant, T. J., & Snyder, G. Older adults' technology preferences related to food safety education;
- Remig, V., Roberts, K. R., Bryant, T. J., & Snyder, G. Discussion Groups with Mature Adults Help Identify Food Safety Issues and Barriers;
- Griffith, L., Canter, D., Betts, N., Anderson, J., Kattlemann, K., Harris, M., Brundt, A., Schnepf, M. Multi-Institutional Delivery of Internet-Based Graduate Education to Dietetics Professionals;
- Kwon, J., Ryu, D., Zottarelli, L., Kwon, S., Paulson, R. Food Safety Training Needs for Evacuation Shelters Operated by Faith-based Organizations.