Entrepreneurship lecture series kicks off Sept. 8
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
The owners of Harry’s Uptown Restaurant in Manhattan and the president of Freddy’s Frozen Custard will be among the presenters at a lecture series that begins Sept. 8 on the K-State campus.
The series of five lectures are sponsored by the Department of Hospitality Management and Dietetics in the College of Human Ecology and the Center for the Advancement of Entrepreneurship in the College of Business.
All the Thursday lectures will be from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. in 109 Justin Hall. A reception will follow in Hoffman Lounge. The series includes:
- Scott Redler, president, ECO and co-founder of Freddy’s Frozen Custard, Wichita, Sept. 8
- Evan and Andrea Grier, owners of Harry’s Uptown Restaurant, Manhattan, Sept. 29
- John Graham, executive in resident at K-State, on financing entrepreneurial businesses, Oct. 20
- A young entrepreneurs panel with Chris Fox, Fox Home Innovation, Manhattan; Nesha Foster, Shop Daisy Retail for Women, Manhattan; and Adam Bernard, The Diner in St. Marys, Nov. 10
- Dave Dreiling, owner of GTM, Coco Bolo’s, Cox Bar-B-Que and others, Manhattan, Dec. 1
Prepared by Human Ecology communications