Human Ecology contributes to sesquicentennial time capsule
Friday, December 13, 2013
Each college and unit prepared parcels no larger than one cubic foot to be placed in the 3,000-pound capsule. Debby Hiett, administrative assistant to Dean John Buckwalter, gathered and packed Human Ecology’s contribution.
In the container are:
- The 2013-14 college directory,
- A copy of Carol Kellett’s “Legacy of Leadership,”
- Several copies of Focus magazine,
- Business cards from college administrators,
- A tailgate event invitation,
- Invitation to the Mary and Carl Ice Hall dedication and other 2013 Celebration of Excellence events,
- A copy of “Teatime to Tailgates: 150 Years at the K-State Table,” a history/recipe book written by Jane P. Marshall that was the college’s birthday gift to the university;
- A copy of Virginia Railsback Gunn’s research on "Women’s Higher Education at Kansas State Agricultural College, 1873-1882,”
- A set of college student recruitment material and
- Memorabilia such as a gold metal bookmark.
Prepared by Human Ecology communications
This article was posted on Friday, December 13, 2013, and is filed under Center on Aging, College News, Food, Nutrition, Dietetics and Health, Hospitality Management, Interior Design and Fashion Studies, Kinesiology.