Personal financial planning students attend The Advisor Thought Leader Summit in Missouri
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Five personal financial planning students attending the Advisors Thought Leader Summit in Missouri August 12 and 13, thanks to generous sponsor Abacus Wealth Partners. Alejandro Martinez, Garrett Jackson, Izaac Pritchett and Hannah Casteel, juniors, were joined by Emma Wyllys, senior, Simone Beverly, alumna and Cherie Stueve, instructor at the summit.
The Advisor Thought Leader Summit brought together experts and financial advisors from around the country to learn how to express your story and stand out in today's noisy, digital world. All attendees were hosted at National Advisors Trust Company on Monday evening.
Highlights of the event included:
- Guest speakers included powerhouse marketing guru Maribeth Kuzmeski, PhD, of Red Zone Marketing and media expert Pam Krueger, creator and co-host of MoneyTrack on PBS.
- Amy Buttell shared how to nurture a book idea, ghost write and publish a book, and become a subject expert that media will want to quote and consult. Suggestions were made on how to reach out to local journalists, body language during a short on-camera interview, and how to connect to the audience and camera.
- Charlie Van Derven, Social Advisors, demonstrated the power of LinkedIn to make the best impression and reach an audience
- Throughout the event, Marie Swift, Head Strategist for Impact Communications, partnered with presenters to highlight presentation strategies and skills
- Finally, K-State students, alumna, and instructor were able to view the rehearsals, coaching, and professional taping of 5 financial advisors' "TED Talk" style stories that will be professionally produced to help them tell their story.
Through the summit, attendees were able to understand the need to make a personal connection through telling their own story and given strategies on how to stand out beyond being ‘different’ or ‘better’.
For more information on The Advisor Thought Leader Summit, visit their website, advisorthoughtleadersummit.com.