1. K-State home
  2. »College of Health and Human Sciences
  3. »Personal Financial Planning
  4. »Academic Programs
  5. »Graduate Programs
  6. »Financial Support

Financial Support

Graduate Research Assistantship (GRA)

A GRA provides a stipend for student's performing research and working towards their degree. A GRA is offered by an individual faculty member to a graduate student, thus there needs to be a match between student interest and faculty research projects/funding.

Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA)

A GTA provides a stipend and tuition waiver for student's assisting in teaching courses. A GTA is offered by the department, but also seeks to match a student's research interest with an advisor who will serve as their graduate advisor.

College Awards

There are also college awards available on a competitive basis such as College of Health and Human Sciences Doctor Dissertation Improvement Awards for students to help finish their dissertations.

Timothy R. Donoghue Scholarships

Outstanding U.S. citizens that are incoming graduates of other U.S. colleges or universities are eligible for a Donoghue Scholarship. The department will select candidates and forward them to the graduate school. A minimum of 3.4 CGPA is required in the previous degree for consideration.

Distance Education Scholarships

The Division of Continuing Education lists several scholarships designated for Distance Education students.

Non-traditional Student Services Graduate Scholarships and Fellowships

There are many graduate scholarships and fellowships available through Non-traditional and Veteran Student Services.

Travel Awards

The institute and Graduate School both offer travel awards to help support student travel to conferences to present their research.

Military Student Resources

The Office of Veterans Affairs works with veterans and service members who are current K-State students, faculty and staff as well as those considering a K-State education.

Other Opportunities

Graduate students can learn more about additional funding opportunities through K-State's Office of Research Development.

Beverly Page
Information Specialist