New Student Orientation

New Student Orientation & Information


  • Date: Friday, August 23, 2019
  • Time: 8:30-9:30 AM
  • Place: ; Justin 164

Graduate School Orientation

K-State eID

K-State students must have an eID, or electronic identifier. Your eID serves as your email address and gives you access to KSIS, K-State Online, HRIS Self-Service and other K-State resources. Each student is allowed one K-State eID while at K-State. For policies related to, and to register your K-State eID, visit the eID website.

HHS Network

To sign on to any computer in Justin Hall, including those in the graduate suite (Justin 326), students need to have a Health and Human Sciences (HHS) network sign-on and password. The Human Ecology computer support staff, located in Justin 121 B/C, are in charge of all network and computer related issues in Justin Hall. See the website for information to access the network, or e-mail them directly at:

K-State Online (Powered by Canvas)

K-State Online is the learning management system (LMS) for K-State. To sign in to K-State Online, you will need your eID and password.

Student ID Card

K-State students, faculty, and staff are required to have a K-State ID Card. Students acquire their ID card when they arrive on campus. Your K-State ID card will serve as your official campus photo ID, vending/printing card, library card, and meal debit plan card (if you have a meal plan with the university). Students should visit the K-State ID Center on the first floor of the Student Union to obtain their card.

Interactive Campus Map:

University Campus Map


Kansas State University partners with the Flint Hills Area Transportation Agency (ATA) to provide transportation across the Manhattan campus to students, faculty and staff.

Code of Conduct Website

Visit the Office of Student Activities and Services website for the University Code of Conduct.

Enrolling in Classes

Once you are admitted to the Graduate Program in your program of study, you will be assigned a temporary graduate faculty advisor in the graduate program until you identify a major professor with whom you would like to work. Your temporary advisor will assist you in finding the courses in which you should enroll during your first semester at K-State. Enrollment is done through KSIS online.

Course Schedules

A list of courses offered each semester is published online and is generally available a few months prior to the beginning of the upcoming semester. To access the online course schedule, select “Academics” from the K-State homepage and then “Catalogs & Courses”. Here you will find an academic calendar, a fee payment schedule, a final examination schedule, and the link to the Graduate Catalog.

Justin Hall 326 Graduate Suite for Students in the College of Health and Human Sciences

The College of Health and Human Sciences provides a room, Justin 326 Graduate Suite, designated specifically for HHS Graduate Students. Access and use of Justin 326 requires a signed Room Use Contract . No access code or room use permission for Justin 326 will be given to any HHS Graduate Student without prior submittal of this document. A signed contract must hold a student’s original signature, date and printed name where indicated. Electronic copies will not be accepted.

Instructions for usage of Justin 326:

    1. Print the Room Use Contract.
    2. Read the document carefully and completely.
    3. Sign the contract committing to proper use and care of the room.
    4. Your signed room use contract must be submitted to Denise Ramos, Administrative Specialist, Justin 119 (Ext. 2-5506) in the Dean’s Office at which time you will be given an access code good for the current semester only.

Office of Student Life

MISSION: The mission of the Office of Student Life is to enhance the K-State student experience and promote student success in the classroom and in life.

Office of Veterans Affairs

Works with veterans and service members who are current K-State students, faculty and staff as well as those considering a K-State education. For more information, visit the Office of Veterans Affairs website.

Networking & Campus Organization

In your program of study, you will find a variety of professional organizations to join that will provide informational meetings, workshops, and forums that enhance your professional development. To get a list of program-related organizations please contact your department office administrator or supervising professor.

International Student Center

International graduate students are required to report to the International Student Center as soon as they arrive on campus (map location). Complete information about services offed by the center may be found at their website.

Hale Library

Also see the Hale Library Quick Link, “Graduate Students” for more available graduate student resources.

Lafene Health Center

Students must show their current K-State student ID card to receive services. For an appointment or information, call 785.532.6544. Please use East Main Entrance for all clinics.

Higher Education in Health and Human Sciences: Professional Development for Graduate Students

Helpful presentations for graduate students in the College of Health and Human Sciences.