The admissions process is highly selective and competitive. The interview process begins as soon as verified applications are received from the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). The program will offer interviews to qualified applicants, and acceptances will be offered on a rolling admission basis. Early application is strongly encouraged.
Applicants must complete a CASPA application. Request CASPA application forms from CASPA or by calling them at 617-612-2080. All applicants must complete the K-State PA program supplemental application (opens April 30, 2022), and submit the required fee. Applicants invited to an interview, must also complete application for K-State graduate study, and submit the required fee.
The Admission Committee’s interview teams will interview selected applicants. Following the interview, applicants will be evaluated by the Admission Committee to assess their suitability for the program. The program will notify accepted applicants within two weeks of the interview. Those who wish to accept a seat must pay a $1000 deposit to reserve their seat within ten business days of receiving the offer. This deposit will be applied toward the first semester of tuition and will only be refunded if the PA program does not matriculate students in January 2023.
Application & Timeline
The following information applies to the 2022 application cycle. CASPA opens late April 2022 (date TBD).
Applicants are considered for an interview if they meet the minimum GPA requirements: 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0) in prerequisite courses, and 3.0 GPA (on a scale of 4.0) in the last 60 credit hours completed chronologically (whether this coursework is undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate), AND if they demonstrate at least two of the admission preferences.
- Direct patient care experience characterized as moderate or high level
- Direct patient care experience > 500 hours
- Work experience or research hours > 500 hours
- Community service > 250 hours
- Leadership activities ≥ one year
- Graduate degree earned in any discipline by August 1, 2022
- Military service (veterans must have an honorable or entry-level discharge)
Applications meeting the above criteria will be forwarded to the program for faculty review. The program faculty will conduct a holistic review of the applicant’s CASPA and supplemental applications, and select candidates to be interviewed.
- CASPA application opens April 2022, and closes August 1, 2022.
- All application materials must be submitted to CASPA by 1 Aug 2022. We highly encourage interested applicants to apply early to ensure faculty review.
- You may send one e-mail alerting us of all program preference changes to your application after submission, but not later than August 1, 2022. The changes should also be uploaded to your CASPA application.
- Transcripts for graduate degrees completed after your application submission must be uploaded to CASPA and an e-mail sent by August 1, 2022.
- Interview invitations are extended upon application review, and within 14-21 days of interview.
- Interviews are held on multiple days from June - October.
- Admission notifications occur within 2 weeks of interview.
- Admission deposit of $1,000 is due within 10 business days of acceptance of admission offer.
- Cohort starts in January 2023.