Most Recent Publications
- Parent adoption and implementation of obesity prevention practices through building children's asking skills at family child care homes (Journal Article), in Evaluation and Program Planning (2020).
- Reflecting on international educative experiences: Developing cultural competence in preservice early childhood educators (Journal Article), in Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education (2018).
- Preschool children’s biophilia and attitudes toward nature: The effect of personal experiences (Journal Article), in The International Journal of Early Childhood Environmental Education (2017).
- Preschool Daily Patterns of Physical Activity Driven by Location and Social Context. (Journal Article), in The Journal of school health (2017).
- The impact of participation in creative drama on empathy levels in emerging adulthood: A pilot study (Journal Article), in Drama Therapy Review (2016).
See the Vita for a complete list of publications.
Most Recent Presentations
- , at the Virtually Together: 2020 UPCEA Regional Conference Series (2016).
- Parental involvement, peer relationships, and adult mentors impact on adolescents character development, at the Research & Evaluation Report at NAE4-HA National Meeting (2016).
- The impact of parental involvement, peer relationships, and adult mentors on the character development of adolescences, at the Society for Research in Child Development annual meeting (2016).
- The impact of Parental Involvement, Peer Relationships, and Adult Mentors on the Character Development of Adolescents, at the Promoting Character Development among Diverse Children and Adolescence: The Role of Family, Schools and Out-of-School-Time Youth Development Programs (2016).
- Early Care and Education - Education Abroad Study Tour 2018, at the quarterly meeting (2016).
See the Vita for a complete list of presentations.
Most Recent Awards
- ACE Fellow, American Council on Education (2020)
- Women of Distinction , Kansas State University (2015)
- HERS Summer Institute, HERS (2015)
See the Vita for a complete list of awards and honors.
Most Recent Grants
- Infant-Toddler Specialist Network: KCCTO-KITS Partnership; Kansas Child Care Training Opportunities, Inc. (2019)
- Early Childhood Workforce Development Grant; Kansas Child Care Training Opportunities, Inc (2016)
- KCCTO - Statewide Infant - Toddler Specialist Network; Kansas Department for Children and Families (2016)
- Kansas Child Care Training Opportunities; Kansas Child Care Training Opportunities, Inc (2014)
- Playing naturally: an exploratory study of the impact of a specially selected outdoor play space on arousal, attention and task completion of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders; Kansas State University (2013)