Mindy Stafford Markham
Interim Department Head
302 Justin Hall
- Ph.D. in Human Development and Family Studies with a minor in Women's and Gender Studies, University of Missouri (2010)
- M.S. in Human Development and Family Studies, University of Missouri (2005)
- B.S. in Family Studies and Human Services, Kansas State University (2003)
Credentials and/or Certifications
- Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE)
Areas of Specialization
- Relationships following divorce and separation
- Utilization of communication technology
Research, Scholarship, and Creative Endeavors
Dr. Markham's program of research focuses on relationships following divorce and separation, with particular interest in the coparenting relationship between former partners who continue to parent together from separate households. She also investigates the ways in which communication technology aides in communication between former partners and between parents and children from a distance.
- HDFS 301: Helping Relationship
- HDFS 585: Professional Seminar in Human Development and Family Science
- FSHS 808: The Process of Divorce
- FSHS 809: Qualitative Research Methods in Family Science
- FSHS 909: Advanced Qualitative Research Methods
Dr. Mindy Markham is an Associate Professor and Interim Department Head in the Applied Human Sciences Department at Kansas State University. Markham has a bachelor's degree in Family Studies and Human Services from Kansas State University, and a master's and doctorate in Human Development and Family Studies with a certificate in Women's and Gender Studies from the University of Missouri. Her primary research interest is post-divorce relationships, principally co-parenting relationships between former partners. Markham serves as Co-Director for the national Divorce Education Assessment Collaborative, and serves on the Editorial Boards for the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, Family Relations, and Family Court Review. She has also been recognized as an EAB Rising Higher Education Leaders Fellow and serves as the Kansas State University Faculty Senate Past President.
Dr. Markham attended K-State as an undergraduate student and was excited at the opportunity to come back to K-State to work as a faculty member. She believes K-State is a fantastic place to be both as a student and as a faculty member, and loves being a part of the K-State family. Markham also keeps busy with her husband, Doug, raising two energetic children. As a family they enjoy attending K-State sporting events, going to the lake, and snow skiing.