- PhD in Communication Disorders, Bowling Green State University, Ohio
- MSc in Speech Pathology, University of Mumbai, India
- BSc in Audiology and Speech Rehabilitation, University of Mumbai, India
- Diploma in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Chennai, India
Credentials and/or Certifications
- American Speech, Language, and Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- Kansas State License in Speech-Language Pathology
- Editorial Board, Journal of Voice
- Central Governor, Pan American Vocology Association
- Voice Science Advisory Committee for the National Association of Teachers of Singing
Areas of Specialization
Dr. Radhakrishnan’s areas of specialty include physiology of voice production, disorders related to vocal function (occupational and performance), and vocology.
- CSD 360 Structure and Function of the Speech Mechanism
- CSD 515 Acoustic Phonetics
- CSD 591 Topics in Communication Science and Disorders/Introduction to Vocology
- CSD 701 Research Experience in Communication Science and Disorders
- CSD 748 Cleft Palate
- CSD 780 Instrumental Measurement for Clinical Application
Dr. Nandhu Radhakrishnan teaches both at undergraduate and graduate level. As the Director of K-State Voice Clinic, he supervises graduate clinicians during evaluation and treatment of voice disorders. Dr. Radhakrishnan has presented and published at national and international conventions related to voice science. He is a co-author for two chapters in Oxford Handbook of Voice Studies and Oxford Handbook of Singing. Dr. Radhakrishnan’s innovative research includes two voice therapy techniques, Nasal Resistance (NR) technique, which has been accepted for publication by Journal of Voice and Voiced Whistle technique that is currently under development. Dr. Radhakrishnan is an active member of The Voice Foundation and Pan American Vocology Association (PAVA). He has been elected as the Central Governor of PAVA. Dr. Radhakrishnan also serves as a member of the Voice Science Advisory Committee, a wing of the National Association of Teachers of Singing, USA. Apart from his professional activities in the US, Dr. Radhakrishnan has ties with institutions and professional organizations in India.
Dr. Nandhu Radhakrishnan, though is now a citizen of the US, is from India and moved to the US for his doctoral program. Apart from his professional activities, he is a volunteer in community activities hosted by people from India. He is a stage artist, playwright, YouTuber, and hobby chef. He enjoys spending time with his family and has recently moved to Manhattan, Kansas.