Students in the post bachelor's doctoral degree option must meet the requirements for both the master's and doctoral degrees in couple and family therapy. This includes:
- A minimum of 120 credit hours
- A minimum of 1,000 client hours
- Successful completion and oral defense of a thesis (first half of degree) and a dissertation (last half of degree)
One of the following two options:
- Successful completion of a portfolio with at least two publications, or
- Successful completion of a portfolio with fewer than two publications and completion of written preliminary examinations.