Kansas State University's Prevention Science in Human Development and Family Science graduate degree programs combine education, research, and outreach to better understand and enhance the lives of individuals, families, and communities. Our graduate students:
- Publish in top tier journals
- Develop competitive external grant proposals
- Present at national and international conferences
- Receive mentorship from internationally-recognized faculty
- Obtain competitive national and international research awards
- Receive funding to support their conference travel and research endeavors
- Hold prestigious leadership positions on campus and within professional organizations
- Attain excellent job placements in the field (e.g., tenure-track faculty positions, postdoctoral fellowships, evaluation specialists, community prevention liaisons, program officers)
We value diversity and inclusion, and apply the Kansas State University Principles of Community and the College of Health and Human Sciences Principles of Conduct to guide and inform our practice.
We proudly offer a Master of Science and PhD specialization from the Department of Applied Human Sciences in the College of Health and Human Sciences at K-State. We welcome you to apply and become a part of the K-State Family!