Prevention Science Application Information
The deadline for applications is December 1st for August admission.
Our program interview day will be held January 20th , 2023.
- Submit an application for admission to the Kansas State University Graduate School for the Prevention Science program.
- Submit a domestic application fee of $65 or international application fee of $75, as required by the Graduate School.
- Your application must include the following program-specific documents:
- Personal statement
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- Academic writing sample (PhD applicants only)
- Official TOEFL Scores (international applicants only)
- The GRE is not required for admission.
Successful applicants typically have:
- A personal statement clearly outlining your career goals and fit within our program, including identifying faculty with whom your interests align, how you heard about our program, and reasons for pursuing the graduate degree
- Professional letters of recommendation that speak to your academic abilities
- A cumulative grade point average exceeding 3.0 for the last 60 hours of the Bachelor’s degree
- An outstanding and concise academic writing sample (PhD applicants only)
- Minimum TOEFL scores of 600 (paper test), 250 (computer-based test), or 100 (internet-based test) (international applicants only)
After your admission:
After you have been admitted, you will be assigned a temporary advisor who will assist in your enrollment and selection of first-semester courses. You will be notified of who your temporary advisor will be upon acceptance to our program. Please feel free to contact your temporary advisor prior to arriving on campus with any questions you may have about Manhattan, being a graduate student, or our program.