The fashion studies program focuses on human well-being related to the human need for clothing and textile products. As the only four-year fashion studies program in the state of Kansas, our students are prepared to meet the needs of the current fashion industry and to advance it toward a more socially and environmentally resilient industry throughout their careers. We inspire students to envision fresh new approaches to the global challenges facing every aspect of the fashion industry.
Our program of study gives our graduates the aesthetic, practical, technical, professional and intellectual skills needed for a variety of roles. Students can choose to specialize in fashion design or fashion business.
- Annual fashion studies career fair
- Dedicated advisor
- Faculty-led trips create awareness of opportunities after graduation
- Professional development opportunities through the IDFS Symposium
- Faculty mentors provided to all new students
- Study for a year at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City
- Technical Design
- Computer-Aided Design
- Strategic Planning
- Retail Management
Learn more about our programs in Fashion Studies