Applications for admittance are considered for fall, spring and summer semesters.
Graduate Application Materials
Unofficial transcripts are required for application. Official transcripts will be required upon admission. A minimum GPA of 3.0 in your last 60 credits of your undergraduate program is required for full admission.
The online application within CollegeNET will prompt you to provide names and contact information for three references who can speak to your potential success in a graduate program. Once your application is submitted, they will be prompted to complete a recommendation on your behalf.
A personal statement should include (but is not limited to):
GRE scores can be self-reported and then confirmed once official scores are sent to K-State. A waiver for the GRE requirement may be requested by an applicant whom:
Please send an
A waiver for the GRE may be requested by a member of the FNDH graduate faculty on behalf of the applicant in cases where the applicant has earned a minimum GPA of 3.0 in at least nine credit hours at the 600 level or above from Kansas State University.
Applicants to the MS in Dietetics program require submission of CDR registration card or other official documentation of registration status in lieu of a GRE score.
International applicants may also need to submit language proficiency exam scores.
- It is strongly recommended that you contact graduate faculty with whom you are interested in working with.
- Submit an online application to the Kansas State University Graduate School and pay the application fee. International students also need to complete the Affidavit of Financial Support.
- Once a completed application is received:
- Applications are evaluated by the admissions committee.
- If the minimum requirements for admission are met, applications are reviewed by graduate faculty.
- A graduate faculty member must agree to be an applicant's advisor/major professor before a recommendation can be made to the Graduate School that the applicant be admitted.
- Provisional admission may be granted to exceptional applicants with unique abilities and aspirations who have subject deficiencies in undergraduate preparation or if there is uncertainty in evaluating the transcript.
- International applicants please check the graduate school requirements for English proficiency.
For a full description of admission requirements, please visit the university's graduate catalog linked below by the specific graduate program.
- Ph.D. in Food, Nutrition, Dietetics and Health
- M.S. in Nutrition, Dietetics, and Sensory Sciences
- M.S in Dietetics
Questions? Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org