Kinesiology Graduate Programs
Why choose Kinesiology at K-State?
- Nationally & Internationally known faculty.
- Wide variety of research areas and expertise.
- Studies involving the importance of physical activity for an individual's physical, social, and mental health.
- Studies ranging from kinetics of muscle oxygen exchange in health and chronic heart failure to the development and maintenance of childhood obesity.
- Projects range from animal models studying disease states to testing of novel intervention programs to change overall community health.
- Common theme that binds us together is the study of physical activity and health.
Degree Programs Offered:
Students usually choose one of two emphasis tracks:
- Exercise Physiology (including pathophysiology) OR
- Exercise Behavioral Science (e.g. exercise psychology, physical activity epidemiology, physical activity promotion, public health physical activity)
Students completing the latter emphasis can seek certification by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) as a Public Health Physical Activity Specialist. In some instances, students choose to design programs that integrate several areas of focus. Individual programs are determined by the student in conversation with his/her major professor and the student's supervisory committee.
The department is also an active participant in the KSU Master of Public Health Program, a University interdepartmental program. Among the areas of emphasis, students can focus their studies on physical activity, food safety, infectious diseases, or human nutrition.