Bachelor of Science in Public Health
The BSPH degree is designed to prepare you for careers in a variety of public health fields, as well as for graduate or professional education in health-related fields. If you are interested in obtaining a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree, you can pursue a concurrent BSPH/MPH degree at K-State. The concurrent degree allows 9 credit hours to be shared between the two degrees, thus saving you time and tuition expenses. You may also choose to pursue further education in a related healthcare program such as physical or occupational therapy, physician assistant, nursing, or medicine.
The Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH) Degree is:
- The only program of its kind in Kansas.
- Designed to provide students with a strong foundation for careers in public health and health-related fields.
Included in the degree are:
- A core set of fundamental public health courses.
- A three-course practicum series providing real-world exposure to public health.
- A variety of public health electives.
- The flexibility to choose additional coursework electives to tailor the degree to your interests.
As a collaborative degree, courses are offered across multiple departments and colleges, exposing you to the breadth of public health and providing a comprehensive education in this rapidly growing field.
Social and Community health services manager, Health educator, Fitness and wellness coordinator, Occupational health and safety specialist, Health communications specialist, Public health analyst, Biostatistician, Epidemiologist, Healthcare administration, Clinical/research coordinator (additional education/certifications may be required)
Example of graduate/professional pathways for BSPH majors:
- Health professions
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Medical Doctor/Physician Assistant
- Nurse/Nurse Practioner
- MPH - Master of Public Health
- DrPH – Doctorate in Public Health
- Food, Nutrition, Dietetics and Health
- Health Promotion/Health Education
- Applied Family Science
- Couple and Family Therapy
- Environmental Design and Planning
- Leadership Communication
- Social Work
- JD – Public Health Attorney