K-State and Wichita State Pathway to Nursing Program
K-State and Wichita State University partner together to bring you a unique dual-degree opportunity to kickstart your nursing career.
The Pathway to Nursing Program will give you the opportunity to earn two degrees from two prestigious universities:
- a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree from Kansas State University
- a Bachelor of Science nursing degree (B.S.N.) from the College of Health Professions at Wichita State University (WSU)
How the Pathway to Nursing Program works
- Upon declaring your pre-nursing interest, you will be assigned a health professions advisor in the College of Health and Human Sciences at K-State who works in conjunction with the academic advisor for your chosen academic major at K-State.
- You will spend the first three years in your K-State degree program taking courses towards a B.S. degree from K-State while fulfilling the requirements needed to apply for the B.S.N. program.
- You will then submit an application for WSU’s Traditional B.S.N. program. Accepted students will spend the next two years in the Traditional B.S.N. program, and earn a B.S.N. degree from WSU.
- The WSU Nursing coursework will transfer back to K-State to fulfill any remaining electives in the K-State degree. Students will graduate with both B.S. degrees in the same semester
- Both of your degrees (from K-State and WSU) will be based in Manhattan, Kansas.
Request more information from K-State! Please select "Manhattan-undergraduate" as your campus and "pre-nursing" as your program of interest.
Want to learn more about the Pathway to Nursing Program? Representatives at K-State and WSU are available to answer your questions.
Kansas State University College of Health and Human Sciences
119 Justin Hall
1324 Lovers Lane
Manhattan, Kansas 66506
Wichita State University School of Nursing Undergraduate Program
541A Ahlberg Hall
1845 Fairmount, Box 41
Wichita, Kansas 67260