The College of Health and Human Sciences is committed to assisting students in preparing for their future careers.
We encourage you to explore the many ways you can grow personally and professionally during your time here at Kansas State University to enhance your resume.
Career Development Speaker Series
The K-State College of Health and Human Sciences will be hosting a Career Development Speaker Series on Wednesdays at 3:30 p.m. in 164 Justin Hall beginning on March 23, 2022. The speaker series will cover a variety of topics to help prepare students for their future careers. Topics and dates will include:
- March 23 – Interview Techniques and Professionalism – Karen Hibbard, Visit Manhattan
- March 30 – Negotiating Salary – Teresa Parks, K-State Career Center
- April 6 – Pre-Health: What to Look for with Shadowing Opportunities/Internships – Dr. Mitchell Keating, Keating Chiropractic
- April 13 – Cultural Competence in the Work Environment – Kim Agwu, Envision Physician Services/HCS Healthcare
- April 20 – Virtual/Remote Work Environment – Tamara Markham, Marriott International
- April 27 – How to Dress for Interviews and the Workplace
All students are welcome to attend the sessions. Email Dana Parker, career development coordinator, if you have any questions.
The Career Center staff are available to assist you with resume development, interview skills, job search, or other career-related topics.
Exploring Graduate School Options
Search for graduate programs in the United States and around the world. Learn about Kansas State University's graduate programs including degree options, guidelines, checklists, and application information.
Career Development Resources
Find tips and advice to help you build your career, from freshman year to graduation and beyond.
Many of our degree programs recommend an internship experience as part of your academic experience. We recommend meeting with your academic advisor for more information; you can also visit the Career Center.
The College of Health and Human Sciences' professional mentoring program provides students with the opportunity to learn from highly successful and experienced professionals by forging long-lasting, professional relationships. These individuals are alumni and friends of K-State who volunteer their time to help students prepare professionally and succeed in their chosen career.