Fashion Studies Undergraduate Program
Discover your opportunities in fashion at K-State, the only 4-year fashion program in Kansas. It is designed to inspire students to envision fresh new approaches to the global challenges facing every aspect of the fashion industry. Our program of study gives our graduates the aesthetic, practical, technical, professional and intellectual skills needed for a variety of roles including the following:
- Technical design
- Computer-aided design
- Strategic planning
- Retail management
Learn more about the Fashion Studies courses and curriculum requirements
- Fashion Design specialization sequence (pdf)
- Fashion Design Selective Advancement Instructions
- Complete the Fashion Design Selective Advancement application by Monday, April 12, 2021 by 4:00pm.
- Students interested in the Fashion Design specialization are expected to have foundation skills in art or design and sewing; such as from a high school course, 4H, or other coursework or classes.
- Fashion Business specialization sequence (pdf)
- Fashion Business specialization 3-year sequence (pdf)
- View the four-year degree requirements (pdf)
- List of Recommended Fashion Business Professional Electives
Learning Beyond the Classroom
As a Fashion Studies student, you will have the opportunity to enhance your experience.
- 100% of students participate in internships (pdf)
- Faculty-led trips and education abroad
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Undergraduate research
- Faculty mentor program
- Professional mentor program and Professional advisory board 94% employment rate
- The Fashion Studies undergraduate degree is accredited by the Textile and Apparel Programs Accreditation Commission (TAPAC). The Fashion Design specialization is accredited by the National Association of Art and Design (NASAD).