Facts & Stats
Facts and Stats
- Pass rates on national certifying exams throughout the School are excellent. Communication Sciences and Disorders students have a pass rate of 100%. Couple and Family Therapy students have a pass rate of close to 100%.
- The Personal Financial Planning student team has advanced to the finals of the National Collegiate Financial Planning Competition for 14 straight years and won the competition five times. Financial Planning magazine ranks the Personal Financial Planning program as one of the top five in the nation.
- The Early Childhood Education unit's distance education bachelor's degree program received the Region VII Exceptional Program Award from the Association of Continuing Higher Education in 2009.
- The Communication Sciences and Disorders unit was ranked 9th of 126 masters-only programs in U.S. News and World Report's 2016 college rankings.
- The Couple and Family Therapy program is considered to be one of the top marriage and family therapy graduate programs in the United States.
- Faculty were awarded over $17.8 million in grants and contracts, which provide many graduate students hands-on experience in research and service.
- Faculty actively publish research results and give presentations at national and international conferences.
- Teaching is a strength of the School. Most faculty exceed the average student teaching evaluation averages of the university.
- Building from theory to practice, the Conflict Resolution program offers a professionally mentored practicum in mediation for those who want to pursue state-approval as mediators.
- The Conflict Resolution program offers two international faculty-led study tours (Northern Ireland and South Africa) as options in the curriculum.