Assistant Professor/Extension Specialist
317 Justin Hall
- Ph.D. in Family Sciences, University of Kentucky (2015)
- Graduate Certificate in Gerontology, University of Kentucky (2012)
- B.S. in Youth, Adult and Family Services, Purdue University (2010)
Credentials and/or Certifications
- Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE)
Areas of Specialization
- Health and wellness across the lifespan that promotes optimal aging
- Sexual wellness among older adults, including policy development within long-term care
- Adult development and aging outreach and Extension
- Evaluation of Extension curricula and outreach
Research, Scholarship, and Creative Endeavors
As an Extension specialist, much of Erin's research, scholarship, and creative endeavors focuses on the development, implementation, and evaluation of Extension initiatives related to healthy aging. Additionally, she is passionate about sexual wellness among older adults, particularly those residing in long-term care facilities and/or with dementia.
Dr. Yelland is an assistant professor and Extension specialist in adult development and aging in the College of Health and Human Sciences at Kansas State University. Yelland has a bachelor's degree in youth, adult and family services from Purdue University and a doctorate in family science from the University of Kentucky. She holds a graduate certificate in gerontology and is a Certified Family Life Educator. Throughout her academic career, Erin has focused on various social aspects of aging, including health and wellness across the lifespan, brain health, sexual health, embracing aging, and advance healthcare planning. Working with K-State Research and Extension provides Erin the exciting opportunity to translate cutting edge research into helpful community programming and change-oriented initiatives aimed at enriching the lives of older Kansans.
Dr. Yelland is proud to be a part of a forward-moving institution and enjoys living in the beautiful state of Kansas. When not on campus, she is busy raising her three children, Bentley, Harper, and Clara, in "The Little Apple."